How to build your first site with WordPress?
If you have a complete idea in your mind to start a website that could be anything like a blog, E-Commerce or a technical website, then one question is which platform you would prefer for your site.
We would recommend you to use WordPress. If you want to know the benefits of using WordPress, check out our article on the Benefits of using the WordPress platform.
If you want to get started with WordPress that is a very recommended platform for the beginners, then follow steps below to get started with your website.
- Select a best-fit Domain Name for your website
- Choose the best hosting for your website
- Download the latest version of WordPress (Completely Free)
- Unzip the downloaded folder and install the WordPress
- Choose your theme for your website.
These are steps to start your website. Now, let’s discuss these points in detail.
Step 1: Domain Name for your website
Before building your website, you need to choose a proper and unique domain name for your site that is relevant to the purpose for which you are building the website. For example, if you are starting a blog on technology trends, your domain name should be like technologytrends.com or techtrends.com.
Step 2: Choose the best hosting for your website
Once the domain name is decided, you must have a hosting platform to host your website online. There are many sites that may provide you to find the best hosting plans for your site. For example, bluehost.com, Godady.com, namecheap.com are some of the well-known hosting providers.
Step 3: Download the latest version of WordPress
After purchasing the hosting plan, you are completely ready to build your site. Now, all you have to do is to download the latest version of WordPress that is completely free. You can download this from https://wordpress.org/download/.
Step 4: Installing the WordPress
The installation of WordPress is very easy and one can install it very easily just following some basic steps.
- Unzip the downloaded file of WordPress and copy and paste the files on your hosting server.
- Access your site in the browser by domain name and it will take you to the installation of WordPress.
- You will be asked to select the language, enter your database name, database password, username and password for the WordPress and site title.
- The complete process will take only a few minutes. Now your site will be ready to customize the theme.
Step 5: Choose your theme for your website
Once the installation is completed, it will take you to the admin dashboard. You can also access the admin dashboard through the browser by typing your-domain/wp-admin
You will see multiple options there on the admin dashboard. But the must know option to start building the website is the Appearance menu, where you will see a theme option to upload and activate the themes of your choice. WordPress also has by default themes installed with the installation.
This was all about starting a WordPress site. For more articles, you can visit our website InvoSoftTech.